SDG&E provides $16 million to help customers with bill assistance
SDG&E is funding a new $10 million program to support local nonprofit, community-based organizations (CBOs) that provide essential services to vulnerable customers. It’s also increasing funding by $6 million for its Neighbor-to-Neighbor bill assistance program.
Additionally, to help its customers keep their energy costs down, SDG&E launched a new program for renters and owners of single-family homes. The Residential Energy Solutions (RES) program has no income restrictions. Eligible customers receive free products such as smart thermostats, low-flow showerheads, brushless fan motors, HVAC services like air duct testing and sealing – and more. SDG&E has contracted with Synergy Companies. Customers can request a home visit from an energy efficiency expert at synergycompanies.com or by calling (888)-272-8394. Visit sdgenews.com for more information.
SDG&E offers other assistance programs:
- LIHEAP – utility bill help that ranges from a few hundred up to a few thousand dollars
- CARE – customers can save 30% or more off their energy bill
- FERA – customers can receive an 18% discount on their electricity bill
- ESA – no-cost energy-efficiency upgrades to income-qualified customers
- Golden States Rebates program – incentives of $20 – $500 to buy high-efficiency water heaters, smart thermostats or room air conditioners
- Arrearage Management Payment (AMP) Plan – debt forgiveness for past due bills for CARE and FERA customers
To learn more about SDG&E’s bill assistance programs, visit sdge.com/assistance or sdge.com/asistencia.
5 ways SDG&E’s My Account makes it easy to manage your energy bill
SDG&E’s My Account gives you the power to manage your SDG&E bills and account online. Convenient and secure, it’s all at your fingertips. Log in online or download the app today!
- Track your estimated charges and projected bill
o The SDG&E My Account homepage features a visual guide of “How you’re doing so far” with your bill-to-date and projected bill that includes a breakdown of your charges.
o It’s updated daily so you can track your upcoming bill at various times of the month.
- Sign up for Energy Alerts
Alerts are a terrific way to stay current on your energy costs and usage. Simply go to “Account,” then “Notifications Settings” to sign up.
o Weekly alerts: Receive weekly alerts of your projected bill and energy use to date.
o Spending alerts: Manage your budget with alerts when you hit certain dollar amounts. Just enter an amount and you’ll get an alert when your bill is expected to exceed that amount.
- View your bills online
Tired of the paper mess and having to file statements? View your SDG&E bill summary and bill statements online. Plus, you can access your payments and bill history with My Account.
- Pay your bill online
There are several easy and secure ways to pay your SDG&E bill. You can make a payment on sdge.com/MyAccount or on the SDG&E app. If you’d like an even more convenient option, sign up for Auto Pay or Text to Pay.
o Auto Pay: It’s a convenient way to ensure your bill is paid each month on time and gives you peace of mind.
o Text to Pay: Paying by text is super-convenient. You’ll receive a text message with the amount due and you reply to pay.
Get started with these tips by logging in to SDG&E’s My Account at sdge.com/MyAccount. If you’re not enrolled, register today at sdge.com/MyAccount. You can also download the SDG&E app on the App Store or Google Play.
SDG&E’s ACCESSIBLE INFORMATION, RESOURCES & SERVICES
Did you know SDG&E has a variety of resources available to support customers with Access and Functional Needs? Whether you or someone in your household:
- Has a disability
- Uses an electronic medical device for health, safety or independence
- Is blind or has low vision
- Or prefers to receive information in a language other than English, including American Sign Language (ASL)
SDG&E is committed to supporting customers and making sure that everyone is offered equal access to information, resources and services. To learn more, visit sdge.com/AFN. Customers are also encouraged to share their household’s individual needs on SDG&E’s AFN form that can be found at sdge.com/access-and-functional-needs-survey.
Article (translated): INFORMACIÓN, RECURSOS Y SERVICIOS ACCESIBLES DE SDG&E
¿Sabía que SDG&E tiene una variedad de recursos disponibles para ayudar a sus clientes con necesidades funcionales y de acceso? Ya sea que usted o alguien en su hogar:
- Tiene una discapacidad
- Utiliza un dispositivo médico electrónico para la salud, la seguridad o la independencia,
- Es ciego o tiene visión baja
- O si prefiere recibir información en español o una idioma que no sea inglés, incluyendo el lenguaje de señas americano (ASL, por sus siglas en inglés)
SDG&E se compromete a apoyar a los clientes y asegurarse de que a todos se les ofrezca el mismo acceso a la información, recursos y servicios. Para obtener más información, visite sdge.com/AFN. También se alienta a los clientes de SDG&E a compartir las necesidades individuales de sus hogares en sdge.com/access-and-functional-needs-survey.