Article 1: Receive free energy alerts to keep your budget on track
Watch your energy use and costs with email or text alerts from SDG&E. Energy alerts can help you set monthly spending goals, track your progress and get automated alerts to stay in control and on budget. Alerts you can sign up for include:
- Your pre-set spending goal was exceeded
- Your pre-set electric or gas use level was exceeded
- You’ve moved into a higher-priced electric tier
- A weekly energy use summary with all this information plus energy saving tips
How to subscribe to alerts:
- Log into My Account
- Look for Alerts & Subscriptions at the top
- Click on Alerts
- Click on Subscribe next to the type of alert
- Select the email addresses and phone numbers to receive alerts
To learn more, visit sdge.com/alerts.
Article 2: Smart thermostats deliver peace of mind
Along with automatically controlling your home’s temperature and increasing the comfort of your home, smart thermostats are easy and convenient to control on your smart device or connected home system. And right now – purchase a qualified smart thermostat and receive up to $75 back. Visit marketplace.sdge.com to shop online and compare smart thermostats.
If you’re making energy-efficient upgrades to your home, you may qualify for the Residential Energy Efficiency Loan (REEL) Assistance program. REEL provides favorable financing to help customers complete an energy-efficiency project. Thirty percent of the loan allows for non-energy home remodeling improvements. Learn more on sdge.com/REEL.
Article 3: Earned income tax credit; it’s your money, get it!
Get the money you deserve! Do you earn $22,300 or less? Have you lived in California for more than half of the year? You may be eligible for the expanded California Earned Income Tax Credit. Visit CalEITc4Me.org to find out how much in state and federal earned income tax credits you may be able to receive just for filing your tax returns. Find out if you’re eligible for the Credit on this online calculator or check out this infographic. The website is also available in Spanish, Mandarin and Vietnamese. And while on the website, find free tax preparation in your community.
Article 4: You may qualify for a discount on your SDG&E bill
SDG&E offers several Assistance Programs to help lower your monthly energy bill while making your home comfortable.
- California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE) Program (sdge.com/CARE): Save 30% or more every month on your bill. Eligibility is based on participation in certain public assistance programs, or household income and how many people live in your home.
- Family Electric Rate Assistance (FERA) Program (sdge.com/FERA): If you don’t qualify for CARE, you may for FERA. You could receive a 12% discount on your energy bill. FERA is only open to households with three or more people.
- Medical Baseline (sdge.com/MedicalBaseline): This Program has helped over 30,000 people, who have a qualifying medical need or medical device, to lower their energy costs.
- Energy Savings Assistance (ESA) Program (sdge.com/ESAP): You may receive free energy-saving improvements to your apartment, condo, house or mobile home; such as lighting, furnace repair, weather-stripping, attic insulation and select appliances like a refrigerator.