Not only does summertime bring changes to the weather, but on soon, SDG&E customers will see a change in how they are billed for electricity. Last year, the California Public Utilities Commission approved a new electric rate structure statewide. For SDG&E customers, this will result in a consolidation of the current 3 tier structure, down to 2 tiers. How these changes may affect a customer’s electric bill will depend on their energy use, where they live and whether they are enrolled in a bill discount program like California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE). To read more about this statewide rate reform initiative and any changes to your SDG&E bill, please visit: http://www.sdge.com/RateReform/.
Summer is also a great time to save energy and money! Here are some solutions that can help you save money:
- After June gloom it’s fun in the sun! A pool can be cool but don't let it soak you. Find ways to save money: http://bit.ly/1soAGGj
- Cool your jets. Just go to @SDGE’s Marketplace for pool pump rebates worth up to $250 between now and July 5: https://marketplace.sdge.com/pool-pumps/
- Tune up your AC now so you can be a cool cat all summer long. Check out @SDGE’s AC Quality Care Program: http://www.sdge.com/save-money/ac-quality-care
- Fun in the summertime doesn’t have to mean higher energy bills. Watch this video for some cool tips! https://youtu.be/KYZHhptFOFQ
- Oooh, it’s getting hot in here. Summer is the time to save energy & chill! http://www.sdge.com/summer/summer-savings-tips-your-home
Hot tip! You can’t turn back time, but you can turn back your thermostat 7-10 degrees for 8 hours per day & save up to 10% a year!